- About Us
- Contact Us
Health Care Providers
- A large regional health system came to Applied Policy to develop a strong national presence and become actively engaged in the implementation of health reform. The Applied Policy team identified the system’s strengths, and capitalized on these to achieve its goals. Since working with Applied Policy, the system’s leadership has:
- Testified before the Institute of Medicine
- Presented at the National Quality Forum’s Annual Conference
- Presented at the CMS National Conference on Care Transitions
- Presented at the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority’s Industry Day
- Been invited to participate in a clinical trials initiative organized by the National Minority Quality Forum.
- Applied Policy has also facilitated a health system’s engagement in health reform implementation by drafting comments on an Accountable Care Organization initiative, creating multiple analyses of different aspects of the proposed rule and coordinating comments on the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s ACO initiative with comments on the Medicare Shared Savings Program proposed rule.
Manufacturers and Suppliers
- A pharmaceutical manufacturer learned from an advisory panel that hospitals would not use its product unless it was included in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting initiative. We explained the Hospital IQR to the client, developed a strategy and facilitated in contact with CMS that resulted in the product being included to the Hospital IQR and facilitating patient access.
- A pharmaceutical manufacturer had filed its New Drug Application with the FDA, but needed help obtaining optimal Medicare coverage, coding and payment for its physician-administered product. We walked the client through the CMS processes and were successful in increase patient access and making it easier for health care providers to be reimbursed for the product.
- A device company needed to develop a relationship with CMS and its Innovation Center in order to move forward with using its device within the Medicare population. Applied Policy helped the client understand relevant Medicare payment rules, briefed the client on expected CMS answers, facilitated correspondence and in-person meetings with the client and CMS, which leading to a strong relationship and an opportunity to be a CMS partner.
- An investment analyst employed the Applied Policy team to keep informed and current regarding happenings in the health policy arena. Applied Policy has acted as a translator to keep the client abreast of all regulatory and legislative issues as they develop in the wake of the passage of health reform.
- A national company came to Applied Policy for help securing government contracts and staying current on regulatory and legislative developments. Applied Policy used its expertise to develop a strategy and identify areas where they had potential for success. The client had a contract within three months of working with Applied Policy.